I have had skin problems for as long as I can remember. It’s actually how I got into makeup to begin with. I always felt I needed to cover up so I learned different ways to do it. In my teens, I was on every topical cream the dermatologist could prescribe. Then I moved on to medication, even tried Accutane twice. While it helped for a little while, it seemed nothing cured my acne. Now in my thirties, I still suffer from it. A doctor recommended I get an allergy test (why didn’t I think of that sooner). So I did, and was shocked to find out I am allergic to tree nuts. Eliminating them from my diet was one step. Now comes the tricky part…eliminating them from my makeup, skin care and hair care. Ever really look at the back of a bottle and read every ingredient? Well that has become my life. Some of the nut oils found in beauty products are:
- My sign is LEO and I am true to that liony sign in every way…so are two of my three kids. Oh my!
- I have no clue what my natural hair color is anymore, I have been dying my hair since high school.
- I both love and hate the fact that I live within 5 miles of the town I grew up in.
- Clowns terrify my, my kids will never experience the circus because of those creepy things.
- I’ve never liked the taste of coffee but drink it out of necessity.
- I could listen to Zac Brown Band all day long.
- I never leave the house without my mascara on and my brows done.
- My current read is How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie, it has changed my way of thinking!
- I am addicted to Pinterest, it has become a problem and I think I need help.
- My husband says I have Disney eyes, not sure if that’s true but I love when he tells me that.
As I sit in my house cozied up to the fire with 2 feet of snow falling outside, I am thinking of spring weather. More like praying for spring weather. With spring comes open toe shoes, bright colored nails and, of course, new makeup! Here are some fun makeup trends for Spring 2017: