We love summer time! Barbecues, beach days, pool parties…and makeup melting off our faces. Humidity and hair definitely don’t mix, but neither does sweat and makeup. So whats a glamour girl to do? Try some of these tips to help your makeup stand up to the rising temps and humidity:
- Swap out your look and go lighter. Instead of a heavy foundation, use a tinted moisturizer with an SPF. Tarte makes a 12 hour BB cream that comes in 5 different shades with an SPF 30. Need more coverage? After applying the foundation, use their clay concealer to hide imperfections.
- Put away those cakey pressed powders and swap it for a lightweight, silky smooth translucent loose powder. It will set makeup without adding weight or texture. One of the best is by Laura Mercier, which comes in two shades, Translucent for fair/light tones and Translucent Medium Deep.
- Use primers and setting sprays. The primer helps prevent the makeup from sliding all over your face, it also smooths out wrinkles and shrinks pores. Use the setting spray to lock down your look. Smashbox sells a sample kit complete with eye and face primer and setting spray.
- Avoid raccoon eyes with smudgeproof liners and waterproof mascara. Milani’s eye tech extreme liquid liner glides on and stays put. And the always popular Lancome Definicils mascara delivers long lashes for long wear.
- Keep your summer skin glowing with cheek and lip stains. They give us that natural rosy cheek, just-bitten lip look and can be easily applied with your fingertips. Bobbi Brown and Vapour make stick cheek stains that can be applied to lids and lips too for a gorgeous monochromatic look.
- Don’t forget to BLOT! Minimize shine and control oil without disturbing your makeup by using blotting papers. NYX makes pocketbook-friendly blotting papers in matte, fresh face, green tea and tea tree that are infused with salicylic acid to help prevent breakouts.
What are your hot summer essentials?