The Perfect Matcha
I walked into my favorite local coffee shop the other day, and instead of my usual Green Tea Chai Tea Latte, I decided to try something new. My friend behind the counter made me an amazing Matcha Latte assuring me not only was it good but it was good for me too. Needless to say I was completely satisfied with the taste, but I was also curious. How could something so delicious be good for me? So I decided to do some research:
What is Matcha Tea?
Matcha tea is the highest quality powdered green tea. One cup of matcha is equivalent to ten cups of regular brewed green tea.
What are the benefits to drinking matcha tea?
- High in antioxidants to help boost immunity, prevent cancer and works as an anti-ager
- Rich in chlorophyll to naturally detox the body
- Energizes, increases metabolism and aids in weight loss without the jittery side effects of coffee
- Helps improve mind clarity with L-theanine
- High in fiber to helps to stabilize blood sugar
- Rich in essential vitamins such as vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc, and magnesium
How to prepare?
Matcha powder can replace your regular morning tea, coffee or latte. It can also be used in recipes such at muffins, ice cream, smoothies, and breakfast bowls. Pinterest is full of fantastically delicious recipes that use matcha as a main ingredient.
Where to buy?
I scored this delicious matcha tea at Bed Bath and Beyond. I’ve seen several different brands at my local grocery stores as well. Or if you are like me and just love Amazon.com, here is a link to this delicious treat:
Keep in mind, matcha tea is much richer in taste than regular green tea. I’m sure to many it is an acquired taste. Its definitely worth a try, let me know what you think!